PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for your rating !!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 12:22
Pilot Positive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superpilot - you'll be a super pilot one day...

I close this heartfelt response by challenging any chief pilot/recruiter to tell me I'm wrong about everything I say concerning low hours modular pilots and the reality that is the pilot recruitment scene in the UK today. We have no freaking way out due to lack of fair and equal assessment opportunities.
Yes, its a harsh reality of aviation that some operators only choose from the ab-initio pool. Does this guarantee a standard which reduces training risk? Some think it does - regardless of the reality. Is it worth buying a speculative TR to counter this? Probably not...

However, on the upside there are some operators who like modular guys (as long as they show some continuity of training and haven't done their basic license with 5 different schools!!) as they recognise the committment guys/gals like yourself have made. It demonstrates sincerity and will probably make you appreciate the hard route you have taken which in turn is likely to make you more of a productive pilot.

These are dark times, Superpilot but hang on in there. Keep at it, keep putting out the CVs, keep picking up the phone, keep building hours in whatever form you can get, keep current and above all keep your chin up mate. There's light at the end of the tunnel and something might just be on its way...