PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 27th Jul 2000, 03:18
LAVDUMPER

Unhappy

(I excerpted this from my own previous thread):

Having just spoken with a Delta 737 captain, I highly doubt the Delta pilots would allow any sort of "date-of-hire" integration of seniority lists. In fact, this pilot seemed very upset at the regional pilots and their apparent over-exuberance (super confidence).

To quote him verbatim: "They'll have to pry the gun away from my cold, dead hand before I let any regional pilot jump ahead of me in line after how hard I have worked to get here!"

He claimed that the Delta pilots would likely quit ALPA before they allowed that type of integration.

I know that Delta's management will most likely use one pilot group against the other(the so-called "whipsaw"), but that is almost commonplace nowadays. American and Continental do the same with their regional feeders. Why should the Delta regional carriers expect any different?

I acknowledge that many of the regional pilots are highly skilled and professional, but do they really think Delta pilots are going to stand by and allow their list to be "infiltrated" by so-called "backdoor bandits" - quoting yet another Delta pilot. My bet is that the Delta pilots will quit ALPA before they allow that to happen.

Any of the ASA or Comair pilots think the Delta pilots will rollover or cede to your integration ideas? Any thoughts?

------------------
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pilot is king!