PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two sets of hands on the throttles...why?
Old 17th Feb 2011, 05:15
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just plain wrong!!!

18 Wheeler Please enlighten me on just which parts of my post were "just plain wrong" or "huge assumptions". Your quote, in part, "since I was only letting him (F/E) push them up slowly and I'm literally twice the size of him he pushed so hard his seat started to rapidly slide to the very back of the cockpit". "I didn't think it rated an abort so I set the power myself and kept going - quietly giggling away". I think, if this really happened, having the F/E attempting to set and trim the thrust whilst you were opposing forward movement of the thrust levers was unsafe. Also since you would have been well below 80Kts when the F/E moved aft you should have aborted. If you were already at 80 Kts and had not yet set Takeoff thrust you should have aborted, as to not do so invalidates your performance calculations. Continuing with your F/E at the rear of the cockpit was neither safe nor funny. So please tell me what you find to be a "huge assumption" and/or "just plain wrong". You are, or so your profile tells us, a retired B747 Captain so no assumption there either.