PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Honduras plane crash
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 23:17
keezy44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't find any RNAV approaches to MHTG on my computer but would like to see what their minimums are. We never approved these approaches so we have no access to them. If you Continental guys that have it would post it, I would appreciate it. As I said, I had no problem with the basic approach getting in so want to see the advantage of the RNAV approach. Thanks.

We landed there one day when we were an hour late and Continental had diverted to SAP. We filled up our extra seats with their stranded passengers so walked over to their ops and said why are'nt you landing,look at the sky? Their captain said they must have landed below minimums. He finally took off and came back to pick up the passengers who couldn't get on our flight. We had blue skies when we took off. Yes, we liked getting their passengers, but felt sorry for the ones we left for no reason since the captain must have been using old wx data. More than likely it was the best wx he could get in Honduras.
I tried to get over to say hi to their pilots when I could. They were good guys and liked a bit of adventure. PMing would be fine if you prefer.