PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star - Action Needs To Be Taken
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 22:09
mustman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Krusty. This thing is terrible. These threads come up weekly at the moment with the same crap being discussed over and over again. As usual to divisions between ourselves will be what kills us and Jetstar and others will happily move along doing whatever they want to pilots. Lube up cause here comes the pineapple!

Do you thing a L or P plate driver is as good on the road as everyone else? What L and P plate drivers and Cadets lack is experience!

I am not talking about how many millions of hours you have driven or flown, but how many "Oh F*ck!" situations you have got into. Bad weather, aircraft issues, rowdy/sick passengers. All these experiences help you become a better pilot and make you think outside the square and as a low hour pilot its only yourself that can make these decisions.

Sure the 200 hr cadets can be trained to a certain standard like an L or P plater. They will be able to get by most days, but give them a situation that hasn't been trained and how will they react?

In regards to people having more hours being harder to train. Well that is a generalisation. Some might be, some not. Again I compare it to driving. Just because someone has been driving for 40 years doesn't make them a good driver, but no doubt some might be very capable.