PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question re IFR procedures at Southampton
Old 16th Feb 2011, 20:54
thborchert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radar,

Late February, early March. Date is not yet set. Probably in from northern Germany early in the morning, out in the evening. The alternative is airline service into Gatwick, which would mean spending a night (or two). Not that I would mind that, but flying by myself would be more fun.

Mr. Monster ,

Good to talk to you again. Certainly a very long time! I hope all is well. Any trips planned to the continent? I'll be leading a group through the Danish isles in June. Also, I'll be at Tannkosh, an event well worth attending. And I might just make it to the Scilly Islands for a brief holiday.

As for the fees at EGHI, from what I gather they are not too bad for British standards and comparable to Bournemouth, which would be a potential alternative. Am I wrong?

And if I am, what about Bournemouth or, for that matter, any other airfield not connected to the airways system by the appropriate airspace? How would the whole thing work there? Take off (at VFR weather minimums for Class G or above?) and get the clearance from LARS or Information in the air?

Thanks again!