PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 19:20
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This post will not make me popular but having raised finance for companies within and outside the aviation industry I hope my post will be seen as constructive and not condescending.

WAN should be applauded for its enthusiasm and passion. The aim appears to be to enhance the growth of aviation in Wales but looking at the website it comes across to me as an outsider as a group of eager enthusiasts with no clear message or policy. There is no indication of the best way to raise the profile of Welsh aviation or attempt to attract finance to further that end. I am sure within its 220 members exists a core of professionals, but, they are somewhat hidden behind all the smoke.

If WAN feels it has the ability amongst its members to make a difference why not raise enough seed corn to attract an outside investor to foster your aims. A really good business plan and you will find a backer(s) sufficiently passionate about Wales prepared to take things further. Investors want to see not only a good plan but your own financial commitment to it and this could lead the way to put together a package genuinely beneficial to Cardiff and the rest of Wales.

You can pontificate all you like, speculate as to who might and who might not add routes and get upset at the comments others make but unless positive steps are taken you will still be making the same comments in many years time. You seem to want to make a difference guys, maybe you can, before you go to war though I do suggest you rearrange the troops so the infantry are not preventing the tanks from shooting!

I shall now retire to my bunker.