PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety culture in GA.
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 19:02
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety culture, what safety culture? Time is money, money is time. That is GA in a nutshell...

For example, I was doing company training including a rating for a pilot...he wasn't particularly good, ended up declining giving him my signature, got an ear full from the boss of the company, I gave my reasons why I didn't think he was ready, he ends up causing tens of thousands of damage, thankfully no one got hurt at any stage, he ended up losing his job some 7-8 months later.
how ironic, the boss wanted him trained asap, to fill the gap (as he had stuffed around and now had no pilots.....), this chap wasn't ready, had a seriously shocking attitude and simply required more training, the boss got someone else to sign him off, all I was trying to do, was prevent a catastrophic accident which we could all see happening.
When he got the boot, it was music to my ears, nothing personal, but knowing that no one else was at risk was such a relief. I was so worried for months... :S

This is GA, sad state of affairs. But not to worry, I reckon it will barely in existance in 15 years.