PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shamrock hiring
Thread: Shamrock hiring
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 16:44
cvemery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To VFE: I believe your comment may be in relation to my post in getting a job. It is quite insulting that you feel that way towards me. I have worked in a C172 yes but have also logged over 150hrs in a Cessna T303 on throughout Europe IFR. I have had to deal with genuine Mayday emergencies and even got into flight international due to my unusual use of an ELT beacon. All this work was done UNPAID. I worked as a waitress not even able to pay my rent just to deperatly keep my dreams alive by keeping my hand in flying. Just because i went to OAA should not be an excuse to be harsh to me. The other guys who got a job went to FTE and pilot training college, so its not just OAA guys.

OAA did not help me one bit. In fact they hindered me...but thats another story. I paid for all my renewals and am over £100,000 in debt but I worked really hard to get this job, as I have said above.

I donk know why Aer Lingus have chosen to pick low houred guys but they probably have their reasons. Its no reason to get bitter to the people who have been offered the job.

To FlyingTinCans: Thank you for your kind words! Im based in Gatwick. I said id prefer that base because I have family in the UK so it will be easier to visit them. I believe you do have a choice in the irish bases, although I have heard that Cork and Dublin go to more experienced guys who bid on those bases. Good Luck. They seem to be randomly ringing people up. The whole process goes pretty fast...I week from phone call to job offer!