PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest news from IAOPA (Europe)
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 14:30
proudprivate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to act - NOW

However it is clear that they are immune from any criticism.
I don't think EASA or the Commission are "immune" to criticism in this period of financial and widening economic crisis.

Please write to MEP's urging them to reject the FCL document, mentioning the lack of transparency by the Commission, its abuse of powers and the detrimental effects of the regulation.

Please write to the European Ombudsman, explaining the issue in detail and showing the inconsistencies, lack of transparency and abuse of powers in the decision making process the Commission and more precisely, the Aviation Safety unit of the Transport Directorate General is driving.

Please write to the Council of Ministers (and more precisely, your Transport Minister) about the detrimental effects to Aviation Safety and the Economy that EASA has had since its existence. Please also mention the current EASA budget of more than € 110 Million.

I've heard from my MEP that the FCL issue will be discussed in the transport committee in March, provided the legal service of the Commission and the translations are done by that time. This means that there is still sufficient time to write and mobilise against this grave injustice.