PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star - Action Needs To Be Taken
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 13:23
Pack2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well ladies and gentlemen the low cost model which has been operating in the rest of the world for many years has finally arrived and I am afraid the reality,inspite of all the forthcomming protests,is that it is here to stay.

By way of example both easyjet and ryanair have been using the 200 Hr cadet system to crew their aircraft for over 10 years. Both these airlines are full of captains that have come up through this same process. None of them had 500 multi command before joining. None of them spent hours flying night freight in claped out cheitains,or worse. They were trained from the beginning to fly airline jets in a two crew environment,and thats what they do. Lets be clear here. Flying a C210 around the bush for 1500 hours has absolutely nothing to do with operating a commercial jet in airline operations.

I would however like to see the following scenario demonstrated in the simulator as a qualification standard.
Capt PF
Engine failure between V1 and Vr
Capt incapacitated
No Radar Vectors
Procedural ILS to minima

Given the choice between pilot A who has 1500 hrs of hard graft in GA then buys a 737 type rating or the Integrated cadet with 200hrs who is trained to sit next to me in airline operations..well im sorry but its a no brainer..