PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air asia Philippines?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 12:32
arigato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@chairwrecker,

This is in response to your post re - "TF is even more tightfisted than 5J's LYG so i'm not sure what you mean by AA being a diff kind of LCC...is that supposed to be good for the pilots?? "

As I stated previously, 5J is totally out of the picture for the reason that its package is way below the standard in the region for quite a long time. The Airline does not have an immediate plan to upgrade its package despite the current ongoings in the Airline industry. This has been their trademark since the beginning of their operations. "A long wait, much more than a longer reaction". This is a disadvantage to the pilots who are beholden to the Airline for whatever reasons and much more to the pilots who do not have any choice than to stay. But not to the pilots who are blessed with discernment.

TF "tightfisted" differs with LYG in terms of strategy. But before we go further, I would like to define first the meaning of "tightfisted" to arrive at a common understanding.

TF - Air Asia (Philippines) - "tightfisted" - minimalist (kuripot)

LYG - Cebu Pacific (5J) - "tightfisted" - cheap (barat)

Being a "tightfisted" is a virtue to a distinct group of businessmen but common to an ordinary farmer. From soil preparation to marketing the product, he completes the business cycle similar to a large corporation. But he is a farmer. He chooses his workers, brief them what he wants and what he intends to do, offer them a fairly generous pay to complete a 2 days job in one day (pakyaw) and etc.... With these, he saves much of the needed resources to the limit (people, time, money, equipment, etc.) to be used for other farm operations. He increases productivity and produces more quality yields. His "ACE" is dealing with "PEOPLE", the "multiplier factor" in farming.

This is my definition of a "tightfisted" and I am a farmer.

Do you want to do farming the 5J way? Very disastrous! You will surely get what you have paid for...

Running an Airline is no difference....and it is always the "PEOPLE".

Again, let's just wait for the TCs and decide accordingly.

I hope I answered your question.

Last edited by arigato; 17th Feb 2011 at 01:31.