PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett Australia To Be Born Again ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2002, 17:45
Skyflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No tyra, it wasn't one bad day, it was five bad days culminating in my colleague stowing her laptop in the overhead locker and a crew member saying it was safe and securing the locker. The crew member was the last person to touch the locker.

On take off, the locker opened and the laptop went flying, fortunately, it missed hitting anyone. We are still waiting for any kind of apology though the laptop failed to function from there on and we lost a lot of work. What we did get was berated for not stowing it safely by the very crew member who had checked it and closed the locker and when I said that I thought safety was a crew responsibility, I was told to shut up and mind my own business as it was my colleagues laptop. QF continued to maintain that they were in no way liable for this accident and in the end we gave up on them as a bunch of deadbeats.

So ended my travels with QF and all I can say is that I am not looking forward to flying with them one bit this time and if there was a choice I'd be taking it. But QF crew, you're getting another chance, so go on impress me though if your attitude is like it was the last time, you will already have decided that you have no need to do that.

First domestic sector is QF 439 on 15th September, second is QF 636 on 16th, then QF 606 on 19th and QF 567 on 22nd. The challenge is yours, I expect you to fail, miserably, after the last time.