PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Near Miss Probe
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 09:53
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFP under resourced?

To state the AFP haven't enough resources to investigate this matter is a joke!! It is all political!

I should know from personal experience, as I was raided by no less than 7 heavily armed AFP officers in December 2009 and arrested. The charges (and you are not going to believe this!!!) were for apparently cancelling/ amending company flight plans via the NAIPs/Airservices website!!

The terms of bail were initially to not access the airservices website (which effectively means I can't work as a professional IFR pilot), to surrender my passport (which is a requirement of my job,or should I say job no more), to report twice a week to the local cop station (which I have been able to get dropped) and not to approach an international point of departure (which again effectively means I can't work as a professional pilot).

The case has been through numerous mentions over the past year and a bit, till finally I have to front up this Friday for a Federal Magistrates Court Committal hearing. Hopefully (cross fingers) the Magistrate will see this for what it is...."a complete overreaction to a non-event", "for f#@K sake I can't even remember the dates in question"......."what did they think I was terrorist or a spy".

Anyway (rant over) for the AFP to say they don't have the resources to investigate Jetstar/AFP matter is a complete furphy.

ps Word of advice don't use the NAIPs amend/cancel function (it is flawed) as you may end up being prosecuted by the AFP.

Last edited by Sarcs; 16th Feb 2011 at 10:54.