PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion of UK RT to Indian RTR - Help
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 08:08
coolboy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conversion of UK RT to Indian RTR - Help

Hello Ppruners,

I was doing flight training in Miami, Florida, done with my PPL and have recently come back to India till March for the purpose of clearing the DGCA exams- Nav, Met and Reg - General category and also get my RT converted by giving part 1 as i had to attend a marriage in India.

1. After i recieved my PPL license no - i filled it in the form and sent it to CAA for the UK RT. I have been told that i will receive the RT within 2 weeks at my Indian address.

2. What is the procedure for conversion of a UK RT to Indian RTR? I know i have to give Part 1 exam for conversion right?

3. I went on the WPC site and saw we have to register online, send application online first and then by normal post too. What is the DD amount, 50 or 5000?

4. After clearing part 1, after how much time do we get our indian RT and for how long is it valid?

5. Recently read that airlines like Jet airways required full indian RT, so if i want to get that RTR (A), i need to only give part 2 or start the whole thing again?

6. Would also like to know if i clear my Gen papers that is - Nav, Met and Reg separate i can apply for a conversion of my FAA CPL with them? I hope so as they have a good period of validity.
Thanks