PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 03:11
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In his interview GK was asked about the statement he made in his submission relating to a strategic objective voiced by Bruce Buchanan to make cost savings year on year by 10%. GK was not able to recall where that was published and replied to the Senator's question on that basis. The manner by which the Senator then responded sounded like the good senator fully intended to find out (words to the effect of 'not to worry we can find that out). I would imagine it is certainly something that BB will be asked about next Friday.

Does anyone know where the 10% saving statement originated from?

There is evidence that BB has made similar comments publically but only to the extent of 5% savings year on year. He is quoted in the press as follows:

Jetstar Chief Executive Officer, Mr Bruce Buchanan, said the cooperative approach was a result of the two organisations’ strong focus on costs.
“Jetstar and AirAsia are passionate about offering consistently low fares,” Mr Buchanan said.
“Year on year, Jetstar is reducing its controllable costs by up to five per cent annually. This agreement will enable a further step-change in our cost position and ensure sustainable low fares.

Not quite the 10% but the intent is there and if BB denied to me that he had ever made the 10% statement I would have to doubt whether he was being honest with me.

More to follow

The Kelpie

Last edited by The Kelpie; 18th Feb 2011 at 09:47.