PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shamrock hiring
Thread: Shamrock hiring
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 00:16
max_continuous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"So someone with a couple of hundred hours doing dog work in a spamcan gets a job over hundreds of experienced guys with jet time and OAA on their CV had nothing to do with it? If you expect me to swallow that then keep dreaming! LoL Congrats on getting an initial interview, nevermind the job mate - think yourself lucky you're not in my shoes and still instructing and well on the way towards the 3000 hour mark." ...
While I suspect that your tone is slightly sarcastic, so please don't think I'm having a go, in reality it's probably not far away from the truth that Oxford have had little to do with it!

I'm informed that the "Manager: Graduate Recruitment" at Oxford who was so proudly displayed to us all as vastly experienced and having the best interests of graduates at the forefront of his concerns (despite looking suspiciously young and having a slighty disinterested manner) has recently naffed off to Jet2. Fair play to him, I wish him many happy hours flying, but I suspect he hasn't given a proverbial poo for some time, in fact, I have an interesting email which would suggest as much (I hope he has since learned the merits of editing before sending)!