PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 22:53
bearfoil

It's all good

I see your vintage here on PPRuNe is about the same as mine. Funny, what drew me in was another TRENT goof. I still don't see any satisfaction re: the "Mystery Fuel" on BA038.

It is par for the course that given enough time, and sufficient urgency to travel, SLF pick up their carry-on, there teeny bottles, and launch. It truly is a safe way to mobilize, and it is also par for accident/incident threads to start loud, and end with a whimper.

Such is life in the big world of air travel. It isn't as safe as it could be, but it is very very safe, for all that. The sand in the knickers is it could be better. It is shy of the mark for defensible reasons, but I have never thought money should be in there, anywhere. Not even if facing Banko, as RR may well be. They have chosen the standard path, the way of least complaint, the way of wink and a nod with people who should be a bit more stern with the Corpos.

Nothing will ever diminish the level of sheer disaster QF32 faced that day in November. Nor will anything bring back the folks aboard AF447. We are entertaining mechanical doo doo, but Pilot Error is in there as well. Used to be, a Captain could tell Juan Trippe to pound sand, and date his wife on top of it. There was a goofy obeisance to, you know, authority.

Now, accountants dress in Pound Notes, or Franklins, and call themselves boss.

What utter bull****.