PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTC/Flybe Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 16:24
BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES

Location: the OFCR......and probably somewhere over China zzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When deciding on your training route, there are many things to consider. But if price is the one that bugs you remember this. At the end of the day, no one owes you a job just because you have your shiny blue book. When the airlines go shopping for pilots you need to be the shiniest product on the shelf. Saving bucks hear and there may save you money in the short term, but a dodgy training record will bite back much harder, of course you could be very gifted at this flying lark and sail through. This, however, is the execption and not the norm. Being on a scheme that is tagged to an airline says this. The airline like the product they get from this FTO! Not every student is happy with their choice of FTO, I know of those who hated being in Florida/Pheonix/Spain, and those who loved it! At the end of the day if YOU think that YOU are happy with your choice, then don't let others put you off due to bad experience. Over the years of trolling through this site I have tended to notice that the majority, not all, but the majority of those you slag of X school or Y FTO, stuggled during their training. Due to personal limitations or external factors is neither hear nor there. The vast majority who do resonably well and get jobs etc etc go on and dont spend the time on Pprune bitching about how they hated the food or this instuctor or that JOC course etc etc.

I would recommend visiting FTOs at their open days or going to the FLYER exhibition to talk to airlines and FTOs directly. From there make a short list of those you are interested in and visit them. Yes it takes time and money to travel but this is a HUGE investment in your future.