PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi function printer
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 14:53
Mike-Bracknell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrain safe
I've got a HP 8500. plugged into the wireless router so everyone can use it. Fantastic piece of kit. Scanning multi documents and it then emails it to anyone as a PDF or JPG. Brilliant.
Cartridges are about £30 for the 3 colours in a pack with some leaflet paper. On my second set and I've had the printer over a year and my daughter seems to print out every web page she finds. Black one about £14 on amazon and lasts over 2000 pages. It did go wrong but HP sent me a new one and then arranged for the courier to pick it up from work all within a couple of days. If you just download the driver only direct from the website you don't get all the Crap that they normally provide.
It is a bit big though.
It is a business ink jet and works as such.
Canon are good too but I have thrown out a large amount of their kit, but the picture quality was very good. Enjoy it.
I'm currently sat 6ft away from an HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 as i've had to reconfigure it to scan without errors. I'd say it's one of the better AIO printers recently, however I use an early Canon MFP at home and think it's on a par with that so would assume unless Canon have dropped the ball recently (which they haven't) the newer Canons should be better than the HP (although there's not a lot in it nowadays).

AIO printers aren't a favourite of mine though - too many years spent struggling with crappily written drivers that assume far too much and don't do what they're told.