PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 15th Feb 2011, 13:55
Jamair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a public forum with unknown correspondents, suffice to say that in any business or aviation dealings involving money and / or reputation, it pays to do your research. Reserve your confidences for those you have known a long time and can totally trust. Some general, generic advice to anyone considering the huge capital and time outlay that any program of this type entails:

Take nothing on face value, trust no-one with your hard-earned (money and reputation); if you lose it, it can be hard to get back. These events can cost family, friends, marriage, career, dreams, goals, aspirations, self-respect and self-worth, as well as money.

Were I considering - hypothetically - putting all this on the line, I would look long and hard at the people I am dealing with. Where have they come from, who can vouch for them, does their story hold water? I would consider accessing public domain information from various sources, like ASIC and CASA and perhaps even credit checking organisations. I would apply the Corporate Psychopath Checklist to the people in charge and see how they rate. If you have any doubts at all, even the slightest niggle, run far, run fast. There are plenty of alternative career paths to your goal.

Caveat emptor maxima

Last edited by Jamair; 15th Feb 2011 at 14:19.