PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which ones better ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 09:38
clunk1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Don’t split commercial training between schools. Pick a good provider, stick with them, and get consistent training - I believe some airlines specifically look for training from only one provider .

2. Think about accommodation/travel (both the cost and time). Tayflite at Perth have good onsite accommodation (right on the airport). Remember that some weeks you’ll get bad weather, you don’t want a 2 hour drive, spend 5 hours looking at the rain, then drive 2 hours home.

3. I’m presuming you’ve got a PPL? - if you have not started the PPL then stop thinking about commercial training and just pick a local school to do your PPL and enjoy it. (After all, you might not enjoy it - so no point thinking about a uniform just yet).

4. If you have a PPL and haven’t yet started ATPL ground school - stop thinking about shiny Senecas and focus on your ATPLs (I believe some airlines prefer modular with 90% or above grades). And the answer to your next question on that subject is - Bristol Ground School.

Good luck.