PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 09:08
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loose Rivets
So much is being said about possibilities, and not too much about facts, but the thread has considerable value, because any brain-storming over a serious issue like this can lead to more general awareness.
I agree, while there has been a lot of noise in this thread and the usual complaints about flight simmers etc. I believe it has been useful, at least to me. For those who believe it's disrespectful, they're missing the point. Pilots read accident reports and reports of accidents avidly, for good reason, because one day they might well face the same scenario. In fact they probably will. I have found myself there with a bunch of trusting faces down the back not realising that things have got very interesting up front. Most never realise how interesting it became unless they see my shaking hands afterwards.

Thanks to the input of several pilots who've flown similar aircraft in similar situations and the known facts rather than speculation. I do believe that a plausible scenario for this accident could be constructed from this thread which will probably be close to the final accident report.

That's useful whatever way you look at it.