View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 05:01
makaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

hello all
here i wud like to share some of my personal experience
Part 1 Writtens:
2 papers based on aviation knowledge(technical, air navigation), i completed the oxford books, and i guess tht was enough
3 paper based on mental ability, tht i prepared frm rs aggarwal reasoning verbal and non verbal questions, the questions asked in the paper, were somewhr very near to wht i prepared.

Part 2 gd round:
this part will consist of 5 rounds, 2 rounds will consist case studies, 1 survival exercise, 1 ur reaction for a given situation, 1 debate,
for case studies , i followed a trend , made the listing in 3 columns namely
error of the pilot :
error wid the plane:
extra errors ( met, communication , etc etc), so tht i can easily sort out the things
In the survival task , some 15 things were mentioned , which u have to place priority wise , in the case of crash on a mountain, desert etc ,
in my case, the list wht i prepared was exactly the opposite, compared to whr the group was reaching, in tht case i followed the group, and going according to their thinking , i made my points ...... i guess this was called team wrk,
debate exercise: a topic is given 4 ppl have to support and 4 ppl have to oppose the topic, try to take the initiative, talk sense, allow others to talk, this will surely show ur leadership qualities, talk less but very meaningful
stay focused

Part 3 interview: it started wid normal hr questions , jet airways details, ( study this frm wikipedia thts sufficient) then , they asked me
the power rating of my aircraft
define bhp, shp
how to calculate horse pwr
define horse pwr in its original definition
wrking of attitude indicator, altimeter terms ( Qnh, Qfe etc )
how did u carry out steep turns( cockpit check- fuel on both ,etc, clearing turns , do not forget tht)
explain the loss of altitude during turns
then ifr approach and charts, they will point out something and ask u, whts this and tht, find me this airport etc.....

Part 4 ipt: the sim is on autopilot ( hdg mode) and u have the hsi course indicator wid u,
ask u to do interceptions , inbound outbound,
in my case carry out a vor approach (mumbai)
i was like 16-17 nms out , so i briefed the approach , plz just do not read the approach, even he knows english, he can read it, make the approach alive, speak out the important call outs ( whn to time ur self, start decent, map etc)
usually our time they asked approaches of mumbai , ahmedabad, chennai
microsoft flight simulator shud be of great use for ipt preparation..

STAY FOCUSED THRU OUT THE RECRUITMENT, TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME .
ALL THE VERY BEST FRNDS