PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 02:53
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just watched the coverage of the Senate's enquiry.

Well Done GK your courage to step up is to be commended. Your opening Statement was, I have to say excellent, well thought out and well communicated.

Unfortunately when it came to answering the questions I felt you were not given an obvious opportunity in your responses to the questions posed to cover some of the more pertinent topics of your written submission such as outsourcing and funding of flying and making these relevant to safety although you may have been able to 'stitch' these into some of the other responses you gave - but you were on the spot and these links do not always manifest themselves at the right time.

I believe you were picked to give evidence out of the many people who made a submission because of your vast experience across a range of functions within the industry, not least an Airline Training Captain and ex ATSB investigator. This should have allowed you to leverage a credible argument from an industry perspective, IMHO you didn't quite achieve this but a good effort all the same.

Safe Flying!!

More to Follow

The Kelpie

ps. Does anybody know what the Agenda is for the Senate Hearing on the 25th February?