PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How a blown engine won Airbus a $3.5 billion deal
Old 15th Feb 2011, 02:34
avgenie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Keesje
I am new to this blog, and not here promoting Boeing or Airbus position, and couldn't care less if Boeing was the first or Airbus the first to start ETOPS. All I wondered was how Wikipedia can say "in 1977, the A300B4 became the first ETOPS compliant aircraft" when ETOPS did not even exist in 1977. The acronym and the rules came in mid-1980s. But obviously your interpretation is different. I respect that.

By the way, Boeing had 757, 767 before the 777, and Airbus had 300, 310 before the 330 approved for ETOPS.

I quoted some statements from the book "How Boeing Defied the Airbus Challenged" but obviously without all the background that is in the book the statements might have appeared a bit out of place. Let me leave it at that.

Hi misd-agin/Turbine D
I found the "Sporty Game" a much better book than his 2007 book "Boeing vs Airbus." Another book that was good was "Birds of Prey, Boeing vs Airbus" by a British guy Matthew Lynn, 1997. I thought the latest book I read "How Boeing Defied the Airbus Challenge" was similar to Sporty Game and Birds of Prey. Happy reading.