PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 01:06
Zeddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am especially glad to be applying for the RAAF, and not the RAF...check this out:

Up to 100 pilots to be sacked as part of a $480m cost-cutting exercise | The Australian

@ Track:

I'm still waiting for a spot at flight screening but from what I understand there are 3 outcomes at the conclusion of OSB:

You are awarded a recommendation to enter service. Or...
You are handed a 'not yet recommended' i.e return in 12 months. This means that the board sees potential...but you're just not showing it. An applicant pilot can only ever complete the flying component of FSP once - and their score stands. Not sure how many times the board will bring you back though to OSB though...
Lastly - and of course, the least desired....not recommended to enter service.

I have heard many stories of applicants acing the flying component but flunking the board. You have to show a potential and willingness to LEARN, not show-off by exemplifying how much of an ace you think you are....because the instructors will see right through you.

@ lesnak:

Sorry to hear mate. I'm currently class 3R - temporarily unfit to continue, and have been so since November. I'd probably rather know now if I were to be transitioned to class 4, rather than post-FSP...shame you didn't get the courtesy. Best of luck with your appeals mate.