PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We want our Nimrod investment back
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 19:55
Hoots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bismark,

If a large UAV was the way forward dont you think as the worlds leading creator of UAV's the USA would be building one. The good thing about LRMPA is that it can go world wide. Do you think UK PLC has satelites available world wide with the sort of bandwidth required, or is able to re direct existing ones for a MPA mission, I think not. There have been a vast amount of times when being on scene with MK1 eyeball proves to provide a successful mission. Would a UAV be able to carry 200+ sonobuoys and weapons, yes maybe so but would they all be pre-programmed or would that me another technological cost to develop such a sonobuoy. Who would rectify a sonobuoy hang-up prior ro flying back overland, particularly as Kinloss will be no more. And what would the CAA or any other aviation authority say about such a large technologically advanced UAV flying in amongst the civvies?

Manned MPA are still the way forward, computers are not the be all and end all in MPA missions, the people are. Although sadly the blinkered bufoon Cameron doesnt get to know this as his advisors and Ministers do not know the subject matter as was proven recently.

This demise of a LRMPA will not be mitigated fully by the standard MOD statement, if it reaches 20% of what the MR2 did then it will be a lucky day. So I will gladly listen to any counter arguement over a UAV, that can be deployed worldwide at short notice, as was the MR2.