PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for Ryanair SFIs
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 17:22
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a current TRE in FR all I can say is SFIs are one of the best moves the airline has made. I can also say 'the jury was out' on the idea until we all had a sim session with them. Very knowledgeable and what they lack in experience they make up with their enthusiasim and professional approach.

They all tend to be senior Fos to start with and its not designed to be a one off. It is designed to be the first step to LTC and ultimately TRE. If your just in it for a go in the sim for a year thats not acceptable.

I have also done several command upgrades on SFIs and its a dawdle compared to non SFIs. Have not met one who has struggled at their own command training.

If you have a passion for training its a great way into the training dept and ultimately TRE. If not dont bother.

As an aside I did all my Boeing 737-800 training in Seattle with Boeing instructors. Our main instructor was ex USAF with his 90% of his carreer on F4 and retired with a spell on the Herc to avoid a desk job. Never flown in the civilian world and never flown a civil airliner in his life never mind the type he was teaching!! He seemed alright to me...................