PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots didn't know about evacuation
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 13:13
blue up

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry if it appeared that I was having a go, Bealzebub. Should have mentioned that I agreed with your post rather than leaving it looking like a criticism of it.
I just copied one phrase from your post since it highlighted exactly with what I was trying to tie down.

Too many suggestions that someone should be sacked for something that was hinted at in a short report without going to the bother of finding out further facts.

As to the overwing exits, the -204 has slides at doors-3 that drop down onto where the baggage loaders are going to be parked. Doors-2 might also be blocked by honeywaggon or baggage loading equipment. Door-1R would most likely have the ambilift on it. So, now you have 233 pax to offload via 3 doors.

Darkness, smell of burning, somebody accidentaly saying the "E-word" and slides get blown. In CRM we call it confirmation bias. I'd rather fly with CC who had learnt from this than to see them fired and replaced, as 411 etc have suggested. We prefer to learn from mistakes in a no-jeopardy environment so that nobody feels pressured to avoid having to make a descision for fear of reprisal.