PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD - All Not Good in Mesa
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 09:55
Flaxton Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ethan, my friend...

So far the only person who seems to have been insulted is you. And I don't really know why, because as you weren't even one of the posters whining on about LT, your little face should have been snot-free!

Just to be clear, I don't have favourites - I also hope to have insulted Yorkshiremen with the "whippets and black pudding" comments.

But I don't hear MD600 complaining, calling me an "arrogant to%%er" or threatening to kick my head in and leave me unconscious in a gutter!

Perhaps that's because he understands that I don't really think he has a flat cap and a whippet. Or that my fellow pilots actually do have snot running down their faces from crying about not receiving an Xmas card from LT.

I'l explain it to you, shall I? In the UK it's known as banter. I expect to get harrassed and abused in return in a similar fashion, that's the nature of the beast. Unfortunately, "Arrogant to$$er" et al doesn't really count as banter, mon brave.

Perhaps it's just a foreigner thing? CAUTION - BANTER ALERT Are there any French or Dutch pilot websites you could move to where the nuances of the language wouldn't prove so much a problem for you? END BANTER