PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots didn't know about evacuation
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 09:49
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very poor one, it would appear....hardly appropriate for her position.
Boot her firmly out the HR door to avoid further difficulties on her part.
I expect there are plenty of other folks in the company's employ that could do the job far better.
Poor decision or not; are we in the business of catapulting someone directly into the staff car park with their P45 in hand for every fvck up? Granted; a poorly orchestrated or indeed unneeded evacuation can claim lives unnecessarily. However equally, an airline with a reputation of kicking people into touch whenever they perform something which leads to question can instil a slight instinct of paranoia and fear among staff; as a result performance suffers. As I have read, the safety considerations made by the AAIB went along the lines of the airline in question directing reference to their SEP manual with relation to evacuation without a commanders order. Hopefully this can and will be used to enforce further training and raise levels of competency in a positive sense. Sacking someone doesn't. This incident isn't a case were complete and utter incompetence or a complete disregard to the rules lead to injury and death.

To be honest 411A, I cannot make up my mind whether I'd be happy in your airline or not. Obviously it would be fantastic to be in awe of someone, like yourself, who is incapable of making a faux pas however on the flip side I would personally be in constant fear for my job on the basis of being human. Humans sometimes make errors. It's how we deal and beforehand prevent these errors which is important.