PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 14th Feb 2011, 08:47
Fatty182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Kieran,

Yeah, I got my letter of offer today too, and replied with an acceptance of course Same details, start 18th of April, course 50. Of note in my letter of offer, they have specified that I will end up in Brisbane. Which I notice means since they have notified me, they don't have to pay for me to move back to Melbourne at the end of the course :P Bit of a bugger there, but I guess I'd rather know I was definitely going home to Brissy than to have some mmoving costs paid.

And no, I'm not a pilot Gummark on here assumed the same thing based on the 182 in my name, just a coincidence

For me, it was a month and a half between my assessment day and getting a call saying I had been successful, but then another month and a half just about til I got my official offer and a place in a course. Just unlucky to be the last of the october testing days group to get a place, had to wait until they selected some people from the next batch of testing days. But super pumped to be on my way finally and looking forward to it. I'm wondering if there's a way we can find out who else is on the course, since they don't seem to be on this forum. Still trying to work out what my living arrangements are going to be :P

As for my day of testing, thought it was alright. Worst part was the presentation, I thought I had screwed that up royally, but obviously not bad enough to have me excluded :P Everything else I was happy with myself, I guess I was helped by a couple of people on my day being convinced they had failed and would be shown the door soon :P

As they tell you, don't panic if you think you haven't done well in a particular section, they are looking at a lot of different things. Just stay calm, take each step as it comes! And good luck!