PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety Pilot?
Thread: Safety Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 08:36
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BillieBob -
You can put anything you like in your logbook - it is your personal record
Not quite - as I am sure you are aware it is actually a legal record, required by law and with minimum contents required by law. Falsification of records in the log book is a criminal offence in the UK/EU and subject to a fine/imprisonment if found guilty.

BillieBob -
I'm not sure why you would want to log landings (except as a personal record) - I can't think of any experience requirement that includes number of landings other than for the issue of a type rating, in which case it is only landings on the type that count.
Because if you don't you cannot you prove that you meet the licence requirements for carriage of passengers, and therefore prove you are legal. Maybe a moot point most of the time but should the AAIB ask for your evidence.....(fingers crossed that you never end up in this situation).

Whopity -
There is no legal requirement to log landings even for the 90 day rule. Under EASA, logging requirements will continue to be decided by the National Authority.
An interesting one that - Whilst it isnt mentioned in FCL 1.080 it is mentioned clearly in the AMC FCL 1.080 - so much so the example log book contains a column for logging landings (day and night) and it also clarifies the section about 'sole manipulator of the controls' as well. Which leads to to the myth here:

AvEnthusiast -
but when you fly as authorized instructor then you log everything the landings I mean the same way as the students logs it?
Absolutely NOT. Landings are only logged by instructors when they are 'sole manipulator of the controls'. Instructors should NOT log landings made by students. It is common for me to not log any landings on circuit sessions...