PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 03:52
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u416967 writes:
It is obvious that a lot of the newer "technologies" are little understood, particularly with regards oil temperature, oil systems and controls.
Yes, well, that's what has been under discussion here. The subtle undertone of this thread deals with how not fully understanding these "newer technologies" and how they actually work in the real world can affect commercial air trans as we know it.

Let me qualify myself. I don't work in the aviation industry, I'm not a pilot.

Now, to take you to task for some of your earlier and rasher statements regarding the quality of this thread and those who drive it.

This thread has been both fascinating and an education for me as I have followed the discussion; the many contributory posters (bear, turbine, loma, et al) have brought forth valid information as well as insight.

Frankly, to walk into this discussion and call most of it rubbish or garbage does not add anything to its value, and if that is the best contribution you can make, I would suggest that you hold it for a cocktail lounge somewhere and argue over designer cocktails with those who haven't put a lot of effort into trying to discern exactly what caused an engine, one of the most-touted engines, of a 5-star engine builder to self-destruct on the wing of a Qantas flagship aircraft.

Before you decide to reply with some snarky comment to this post, I suggest you re-read this thread and all the links found herein. You might at that point decide that you were in fact completely wrong in classing most of this discussion as refuse.

Cheers!