PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 14th Feb 2011, 01:33
Lunters91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Declaring cautions for RAF application

Good evening gents,

I'm in the process of applying to the RAF as an officer. In my younger days I received a police caution for criminal damage. It was a stupid thing to do, and of course I've regretted it ever since.

I want to be as honest as is necessary throughout my application, but am querying whether I will have to declare a caution on my paperwork. I understand one must declare unspent convictions, but for most branches you don't have to declare spent convictions. However, I'm in the dark about a caution, since it's not technically a conviction. Furthermore, if I was to declare the caution, would it serve as a potential 'disqualifier' in the application process? I was just seeking some advice on that matter really.

I don't mean to be rude (far from it), but I'd prefer it if people don't comment just to say "You don't deserve to be accepted" etc. I know what I did was totally wrong, and if that costs me my intended career, so be it.

I thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Regards,

L91