PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freezing rain / drizzle
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 01:32
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Ha ha. Thanks for the support Angel but i can take the 'banter'. To be fair, the forecast on departure only had stratus and drizzle (the icing forecast was issued after we took off), the aircraft didn't have a tendancy to collect ice (this was rain ice and very different) - and it wasn't my pressonitis!

We were taking a four ship to show off our new toys to a foregin nation, but due to the weather, the boss elected to spilt us into two pairs for the arrival with me leading the second formation. Boss and his wing man went ahead, didn't get icing and landed at the intended destination. We ended up elsewhere.

So now we had two aircraft instead of four for the presentation and two crews arriving late at the event by ferry from another country! He wasn't happy and atttempted to 'ream me out' blaming me for maiking him look a pr!ck. (He didn't need me to do that!). We had a blazing row, with the d!ckhead completely failing to realise how close he had been to losing a couple of aircraft with four of his squadron bobbing around in the sea in winter in single seat liferafts!

He gave me a dreadful ACR that year and I redressed him! Wasn't great for my career.