PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 23:38
BigG22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U415967

'Having spent sometime reading this thread for the first time I am very disappointed by the amount of unsubstantiated rubbish that is spouted. RR have played this close to their chest publicly, but do any of you know what they have been doing with the airframers/airliners and authorities. Thought not.

Bearfoil, DERG, annex14 etc. some of the junk you are spouting as fact is unbelievably wrong. Anyone that believes your rants should think again.

Bearfoil where do you get your facts from, do you know anything about engines/EEC's, DEP's you posts are some of the worst I think I have ever read.'

I am saddened to read your post.

Perhaps if you followed this thread from the start you may have realised that there have been many genuinely knowledgeable and respected contributors who share a genuine concern for safety, and seek to identify the physics of the QF32 failure in order that 468 pax and flight crew might never be similarly endangered.

This forum is very unique in that it brings together those who fly the planes, and those who contribute to their construction and who advance the technology. This can only be good and potentially of enormous value, because no matter what our age - we can never cease to learn.

Of course in a public forum, there is bound to be a certain amount of 'noise'. But i think the pilots and engineers here are well able to filter that out? And in any event is there something bad about throwing thoughts around? I think it's called 'brainstorming'?

I think that perhaps I speak for all to say that you are welcome here if you believe you can contribute to the discussion and to an improved understanding in a positive way.

Personally, may I thank those who sit up front, and those who are engineers in whatever capacity on the ground for their constructive and well considered thoughts shared here.