PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas paid Jetconnects' bills, hearing told
Old 13th Feb 2011, 22:40
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White collar crime.

Is it just my imagination or are some of the various "managers" in this industry engaging in white collar crime? We're attracting all the dregs of the Cornflakes Management School. All the losers that couldn't get into Leighton or BHP. Bullying, fudging figures, cartels and inflating share prices. Its not just at QF might I add.

Unfortunately in Orztralia this gets ignored by the likes of ASIC, CASA or the ATO. They prefer individual tax paying citizens as they don't have as much money to back themselves in a fight (occasionally they pick the wrong individual and thats been a source of a hearty belly laugh). Wasn't it FMG recently that pulled ASIC's pants down and gave them a good bare bottom spanking with some reasonably good lawyers? Its all about the image, bottom line and financial backing and not justice. I think Paul Hogans having a go now with the ATO. Pants down.

I'd like to see 4 Corners and/or a Xenophon type expose these types one by one. A nice big electron microscope on every single dollar, trade and industrial agreement. A team of forensic accountants that travel from company to company auditing the figures mums and dad base their day trading on.

Who knows maybe its time for a few people to visit the big house.