PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RA-Aus Instructor Rating
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 22:28
motzartmerv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Examiners giving out Level 2 authority's now? Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn hey. Level 2's are granted by the tech manager of RAA. And last i heard, he doesn't drink beer.
Instructor ratings are an approval granted by the ops manager on a reccomendation from a CFI with instructor training approval, and must be backed up by the relevant paperwork. Cases of beer being sent by fax or email VHXXX.?
Keep it real mate, your accusations are simply laughable and do nothing for your credibility. When you have nothing else, lets just make some stories up hey? I mean fair crack of the whip, to belittle the RAA instructor to the point of suggesting all he needs to do is purchase a case of beer??. How do you guys come up with this stuff?

$25/ hour is quite reasonable and is a by product of RAA keeping prices low and affordable by the common man, perhaps another reason why people are fleeing GA in droves.

All this being said, im afraid i must agree with some sentiments. There are some dodgy RAA instructors and CFI's. Just the same as there are dodgy GA instructors.

Matt. As others have said, a GA instructor rating doesn't allow you to instruct in RAA. However if you have 25 hours in any aircraft that is registrable under RAA then the conversion is just a flight check with a CFI (with instructor training approval). Aircraft like Jabiru, sportstar, gazelle all fall into this category.

cheers (gunna go buy some beer and see if i can con a CFI into giving me an A380 endorsement)