PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas paid Jetconnects' bills, hearing told
Old 13th Feb 2011, 21:26
regitaekilthgiwt

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
What satellite are some people living on?

If all Qantas subsidiary employees were paid at mainline rates then the whole group would be bankrupt within a year,
I can't believe some of the stuff I read on these forums. I am sure if all Qf subsidiaries employees were paid mainline rates the company would not go broke, it would not help the bottom line but it certainly wouldn't go broke ffs. Over the last few years they have had to pay millions in fines and exec wages, fuel have been more expensive etc, however, wow, not broke. Give me a break, pilots wages are not the be all and end all of what makes an airline tick, they are a very small percentage. Does anyone remember a few years ago we made over a billion dollars and at the time most pilots employed were on the long haul award. Shock horror.

The problem as to why Qantas is in trouble now is due to years of mismanagement by people from the board level down who do not have a clue what they are doing.

Having said the above to correct the ranting of the lunatic I quoted above: Make no mistake, the only thing the mainline body of Qantas pilots wants is job security. That is all.

Last edited by regitaekilthgiwt; 13th Feb 2011 at 22:27.