PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG crash - o/a 13 Feb 2011
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 17:56
Catwalk Dweller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PNG crash - o/a 13 Feb 2011

I’ve just received an e-mail from my wife who tells me that her ex-brother-in-law, an Aussie fellow by the name of Lloyd who flies for an outfit in New Guinea sent out a Mayday call sometime within the last 24 hours while at 4,000 feet, and subsequently crashed into the sea about 2 kilometres from Manus Island. Apparently the wreckage has been found, but as of yet there is no sign of the crew. (I have no idea whether this was a single-pilot operation or not.)
Although he’s divorced from my sister-in-law, there are still (of course) some ties between them, and they did have a daughter together, so my sister-in-law is understandably distraught about all this. She’s still awaiting word; in the meantime, I wonder if anyone reading this has any information that may be encouraging or comforting? I’d be very careful of anything that I passed along. (I’ve done a cursory search of the few helicopter sites I know of, but haven’t found any info so far.)

Lastly, I’ve opted to post this message here, in Rotorheads—it was a toss-up between here or the Rumours & News section instead. If the Moderator sees fit to move it, then I’d certainly understand.

Many thanks in advance.
Out.