PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What To Know For China
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 17:28
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I highly recommend anyone considering working in China... DONT. I suggest everyone just cool your jets and sit tight. Wait and keep your job at home, and let them come to us.. force them to write a clear and fair contract. Force them to do road shows and hire the real agencies to attract the talent. Its not worth the extra few grand to go there. Just dont go guys. Dont let them benefit from us and then let them walk all over us.

If you think "how bad can it be"... most countries in the world have labor laws...China does too, etc. However western people and gov'ts than have not worked there do not understand the culture. Believe it or not, Law there is not based on fairness and protections even at the supreme court level. The country and culture is so bent and predjudiced, that if you challenge anything with the laws, it is ruled that the those laws dont apply to you. But if you screw up, then they do. Its crazy and a double standard. The message: if you get a job offer, look at the contract...and politely tell them you need to make the law of jurisdiction your home country, NOT CHINA. Let them consider that.

Lets be real: its not hard to write a simple easy and mutually beneficial contract. Why do you think they are doing this?

Punishment schemes with pay deductions? Gimme a break. Gee...can I fine the company if they screw up and dont make a
proper profit, or if they screw up and have to change my schedule? I say FU China. Go to hell. Call me back when you grow

up and behave like professionals.