PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Somebody else must still love being in the RAF as much as me...
Old 13th Feb 2011, 12:13
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new trait for 2011:

Your boss communicating to you on behalf of the system with absolute distain written all over his face because he knows that what is occuring is morally wrong. An event that is to be repeated at units far and wide in the coming months.

The comment: "Think yourself lucky you've got a job", being spoken routinely.

I read with some interest this week that the UK Middle Classes do not appreciate the economic Tsunami that is about to drown them.. At least threads such as this suggest a degree of realism amongst my fellow servicemen. Most complaints on these pages are (IMHO) born of genuine concern rather then hollow whinges that the angry troll baits with. One thing for sure, the redundancies in Civil Govt be it CS or Local Councils are so numerous that the newspaper headlines before the years out will have a field day about how the Coalition Govt has elevated the umemployed statistics to a whole new level.

My only real regret? I knew very well that the Govt purse was empty in about 1990 and never took the hint to deploy anchor on my own expenditure. The writing was on the wall and I couldnt see it; perhaps because I wasnt looking. ....and we cannot fiscally afford another day at war.