PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 6th Sep 2002, 01:59
Abominable Snowman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hours building artilce- input requested!

Hello Rotorheads,

I’m currently a student commercial pilot (the lowest of the low) studying in Australia. I’m also a freelance journalist exiled from the dot com world of up and permanently down. Anyway I’m working on an article for the industry’s greatest pub, Heli-Ops regarding hours building options for low hour (<500) commercial pilots internationally. The goal of the article is to provide an overview of the options available and also to come up with some new ideas for both operators and pilots. To focus the potential discussion a bit my initial questions are this: Does the ultra-competitive nature of the industry make paid or work for free hours building options practically mandatory for a majority of new pilots and if so what are some of the better options? Do any operators have in-house hours building programs and if so who? Finally, any fresh ideas for building hours that would benefit both pilots and operators? Thanks so much for your time and ideas.