PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flying school shuts its doors
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2002, 23:02
imabell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the prior owner of aaq had his aoc removed for previous problems.

the new owners, areo dynamic flight academy, had the aoc reinstated and are progressing well.

the original owner still had a finger in the pie i believe but that is over now. he has slid back under his rock.

whiskery,

yes things have changed in the flying school industry, i am like you i worked all week, caught a train to bankstown on saturday morning and paid my four pounds ten shillings an hour to navair.
that was in kilo mike papa a cherokee.

tomorrows aviators have a dream, a large proportion of them borrow the money, and believe in the integrity of the people in the industry that they want so much to be a part of.

these days some students are told that they will get a better deal if they pay in bulk, in the case i wrote about the young chap put in forty three thousand dollars but was not getting anywhere. the old promise the world and give them an atlas trick.

when he asked for his money back and it was not forthcoming he spent a further six or seven thousand trying to get it. his lawyer told him it would take a further twenty thou to pursue it, thats legal fees for you.

he is going to persevere, his dream hasn't been shattered, good luck to him