PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2011, 12:44
rabcnesbitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From FINAL MOMENTS

'He defended his pilots but said he could not confirm whether the aircraft was equipped to land in dense fog.'
Were they Mr Hayes pilots'? Surely not and shouldn't we be hearing from Flightline's management?
The article also says that the FO had been with the company a few weeks with 720 hours on type - a typo, surely?
I think a through investigation into the whole concept and operations of Manx2 are needed. His pilots was methinks not a slip of the tongue. I also have reason to believe that some of the aircraft operated by these AOC holders for Manx2 are in fact owned by Manx2 or by Mr Hayes. Just wondering what the full legality of this is when the operators are leasing the aircraft from the virtual airline they are wet leasing it back to with AOC cover.

I do know that some of the contracts between Manx2 and its up to now 12 AOC holders and counting state that if there is any diversion the AOC holder must repatriate the passengers to the original destination. Manx2 put the operators under tremendous financial pressure.