PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Go Arounds, no PA's.
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2011, 05:11
PPRuNeUser0163

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty sure the Pilots would be talking with the lead F/A through the intercom system following a go around.. who should then inform the cabin of what is happening... is this not the normal procedure?

Yes- as someone said Sydney had a fair amount of windshear on the 34's yesterday so go arounds are quite understandable..

What about the old war cry 'aviate, navigate, communicate' .. no different in a 737.. when your in the go around alot of things would be happening- and especially in somewhere like Sydney you would be getting atc calling your callsign every few minutes (vectors back onto the ILS, back to tower etc) so its quite possible that a pa from the pilots wasnt possible in this scenario..

As a sidenote..talking about PA's.. why do the Red rat pilots always come on the PA on a longhaul (specifically SYD-LAX and return ive been on) about 2 hours out of destination and say 'I hope youve all had a good nights rest" Sorry Captain, i was in row 79 with some ***er digging their legs into my back- no I didn't