PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association v Qantas Airways Ltd & Anor [2011]
Old 12th Feb 2011, 04:45
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am curious to know why after this particular overseas posting,the individual felt compelled to take it further?I mean,they may have done 10/20/30 postings.......then felt the need to pursue this one.I am 100% ALAEA all the way,but will this outcome benefit all that have done previous postings,(and been short changed ) if this individual is compensated ?
Licker was short changed $10,000 from this posting. When he tried to claim it they went nuts. After we started the case they tried to back peddle and paid him the $10k. They said essentially that they always intended to pay him, they just needed time to work it out. The judge found their excuse unconvincing.

Anyone who has been overseas in the past is open to claim this money in fact those who don't are undercutting the others. It only applies if your shift was worse or you worked longer hours. For narita is about 5k per month. Regardless of the penalty, this case has already opened the door for these payments. The penalty is for them threatening a good member who tried to claim it.