PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 22:46
Osprey123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New terminal and finishing work

Possible Consequences and Canberra 97.

You are both virtually on the nose with the completion work indicated, from what I'm led to believe however the new arrivals Terminal was supposed to be up and running by April and the start of the summer schedule (it is bigger than it looks in the photo's kindly supplied) - I would hope that will be the case, but I'm not sure it will - the terminal may end up with a delay of 2-3 months.

The design does include many energy saving idea's and renewable energy at that, and is supposed to be extremely green - the design has been changed considerably from what was anticipated with cost a big part of the re-design I gather.

The road/car-parks and layout I believe may be changed, and the traffic light controlled junction improvements (I'm not convinced) are supposed to make access better, but may well make matters worse and as for the covered walkways, any will be a great improvement -

I would hope that any vehicular access improvements will extend to a drop off/pick up point. I've picked up/dropped there a few times using the car-parking facilities, yet there are any number of unattended vehicles adjacent to the Terminal with no-one to move vehicles on (unlike last year) - rediculous.

Lets hope things take a turn for the better at BOH over the next 2 years, I believe it can be extremely flexible, successful, and has the ability to attract more services and routes (come on marketing) - yes Ryanair may well be the limiting factor, in relation to additional airlines/carriers but MAN got fed up with them, and it may well be that MAG (BOH) eventually get fed up with them, only time will tell, I only wish the DUB flight was resurrected, its load factors were always high.